Wednesday 30 January 2013

My Methodist History

We have registered the George Street Chapel Project with the new My Methodist History web site.

The My Methodist History website was launched in December 2012 as part of a community archive network supported by the Methodist Church. The site is developed and edited by volunteers.

The aim of the project is to share information and research about every aspect of Methodist history: its early development, nineteenth-century splits and sub-denominations, overseas mission and life post re-union in 1932.
Primitive and Wesleyan Methodism are covered by the sister websites, My Primitive Methodist Ancestors and My Wesleyan Methodist Ancestors (coming soon).

We hope this will bring our project to the attention of a wider audience, in particular methodists, or those who are  search for their ancestors where there is Methodism in their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment